Fortnox is changing the hostname in my context

Hi,

I need to install Fortnox.
I have already an OX appsuit server and need to install Fortnox on a new VM-instance.

In my first attempt I installed both OX appsuite and Fortnox however during the domain join is the domain-join script trying to change the hostname on my OX context.

I find the installation documentation a bit sketchy and I really dont understand how to do it.

If I run the installation from the App center Fortnox requires OX Appsuit to be installed and this will apparently update my context with the new hostname and if I understand OX that will break my mailsetup.

I appreciate if I can have som enligthment on this matter.

Regards Bengt-Åke

Hi,

you are right: Installing a second OX appsuite in the domain will fail. Changing the “global” OX context object is not allowed as it would break the first installation. Thus, the joinscript aborts.

Unfortunately, you cannot install Fortnox on a second server. You need to install it on the OX server itself.

Regards,
Dirk Wiesenthal

Hi,
If I understand you correctly: Fortnox need to coexist with my mailserver on the same server?
Is there a way to put just the mail (postfix/cyrus/mailboxes) on one server and place the OX appsuit/Fortnox on another server? Or does they have to reside all on the same server?

Regards Bengt

Hi,
It appear to me that Open-exchange on Univention doesn’t scale well or not at all as it is now. It is not failsafe as I cannot set up a second instance. I cannot set up a network load balancer.
What are future plans. What would be the recommended way to separate mail functionality from ERP, How can I scale both mail and Fortnox? How can I setup load balancing and a failsafe environment? Maintenance on Fortnox would require me to take down mail and vice verse.

I am puzzled :slight_smile:

Regards Bengt

Hi,

a multi server setup as you mention is difficult to implement. Our integration of OX cannot do this at the moment. I have no knowledge of plans to change that and even if, a version that supports such a setup would probably come too late for your system.

Unfortunalely, your setup scenario is not supported.

Regards,
Dirk Wiesenthal

Mastodon