Trouble downloading UCC client

I am based in DRC. Internet connection and speed is poor at best. I’ve tried downloading the desktop client image (1.1Gb) by choosing System>UCC Images from the administrator page several times only to have the download fail after several hours.

Looking for an alternative, I found updates.software-univention.de/d … ge.img.iso
But this image is 15Gb!! Why is there a size difference? Do you have a torrent or ftp site where I can do a resumable download? If I were able to download the desktop image external to UCS, how would I integrate it for UMC rollout?

Hi,

in most cases, you do not need the .iso.

To download the image manually, follow these steps:
Have a look at the textfile updates.software-univention.de/d … mg.xz.spec

It contains the names of all files which would be downloaded by the UCC-Images module. You can download them manually from updates.software-univention.de/d … cc-images/ and place them on your UCS server in /var/lib/univention-client-boot/. After that, decompress the image .xz file and register the image:

cd /var/lib/univention-client-boot/
unxz -v ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.xz
chmod +x 95ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.inst
cp 95ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.inst /usr/lib/univention-install/
univention-run-join-scripts

The image should now appear in the management system.

[quote=“damrose”]Hi,

in most cases, you do not need the .iso.

To download the image manually, follow these steps:
Have a look at the textfile updates.software-univention.de/d … mg.xz.spec

It contains the names of all files which would be downloaded by the UCC-Images module. You can download them manually from updates.software-univention.de/d … cc-images/ and place them on your UCS server in /var/lib/univention-client-boot/. After that, decompress the image .xz file and register the image:

cd /var/lib/univention-client-boot/
unxz -v ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.xz
chmod +x 95ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.inst
cp 95ucc-2.1-desktop-image.img.inst /usr/lib/univention-install/
univention-run-join-scripts

The image should now appear in the management system.[/quote]

Great solutions thank you for sharing.

Mastodon