Upgrade Zarafa to Kopano script

Hi can anyone tell me how to upgrade/migrade an UNC Zarafa server to Kopano?

Is it the intention that UNIVENTION provide an upgrade script to apply the upgrade?
While the script from kb.kopano.io/display/WIKI/ZCP+t … ion+script didn’t works for me.

Thanks!

Hello Goudduif,

actually the script mentioned on the page was up until a few hours ago only available on request. Thats probably why the described steps failed for you. The update has been released released by now: univention.com/2016/12/kopa … -center-3/

[quote=“fbartels”],

actually the script mentioned on the page was up until a few hours ago only available on request. Thats probably why the described steps failed for you. The update has been released released by now: univention.com/2016/12/kopa … -center-3/[/quote]

First off all, thanks for you reply.
When I follow your link, i find only the announcment, Kopano Core version 8.1.0.335-2.1-2 from Kopano b.v. now available in App Center.

Whil I search for a script wich one will perform the actions, as descibed in my prevois link.
There the write that the script zcp2kc.sh, will perform the following tasks;
backup /etc/zarafa
stop zarafa services
remove Zarafa
add Kopano Core and Webapp repositories
install Kopano
migrate configuration files
chown /var/lib/zarafa to kopano
start kopano services

It’s not an issue to wait some time before this script will be available.
It’s only my question what’s the best option.

1. wait till ther’s a script available
  2. Perform all above steps manual, on the current server.
  3. Set-up a new mail server, and migrade all data, so I’m sure there’s no risk with the current data.

I’m only afraid, that the latest option isn’t possible, wile zarafa, and Kopano, are to close with the LDAP settings.
Andyou can image, we can’t take the risk that our mail server is not available for a long time.

Ah, I just now only noticed that you linked to the Kopano Knowledge Base and not to wiki.z-hub.io/display/K4U/Migra … Kopano4UCS.

As there are some more things to consider for the integration there is a separate script/package for Univention, which you can install from the Univention repository. The rest is explained in the link above.

The upgrade/migration itself is designed to be done in place, but its of course always best to have a backup/snapshot to go back to if not everything goes as planned.

It takes some time, but this week I update my maiserver to Kopano.
I follow the steps from:
https://wiki.z-hub.io/display/K4U/Migrating+from+the+old+Zarafa+Univention+Apps+to+Kopano4UCS
Generally this works well, the first time, when I start the new installation, it failed. I solve this with: apt-get remove Zarafa*
after the upgrade, I receive a daily mail with the following:

/etc/cron.daily/spamassassin: mkdir /var/lib/spamassassin/3.003002: Permission denied at /usr/bin/sa-update line 834 sa-update failed for unknown reasons

Is this a know issue, and how do I solve this?

Hello,

since the migration script does not touch spamassassin I would say the error is unrelated. A possible solution to your problem can be found at forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=112787

Mastodon