Mail Server and MX record

Hi there,

Just recently discovered UCS and testing it, I can already tell you guys did a amazing work with this product!
After installing the latest VMWare image, I couldn’t install the mail server because of a missing package.
I then installed the upgrade (3.2-0 errata61 (Borgfeld)) and the install went fine this time.

I can configure users without problem + managed to deploy the horde package for a webmail.
Only thing I am missing now is to test sending some emails but… I can find the way to add an MX record in the DNS section of the UCS…
Options available are Alias, Host, TXT and Service records but no MX record type.

Would you be able to help me on how to find/add it?

Thanks.
Regards.
Eric

Hi,

in the DNS module do a right-click on the forward lookup zone of your domain. Choose “Edit”, You should see a tab to configure the MX record.

Best Regards,
Dirk Ahrnke

Two words.
Working and Thanks!

A mail exchanger record (MX record) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a recipient’s domain, and a preference value used to prioritize mail delivery if multiple mail servers are available.

Mastodon