How it works for school administration management?

I have worked with college research management department. This is obviously a new area of interest for me. Hopefully, I have found something interesting about the effective identity management scheme by UCS. How it is helpful to manage the school student accounts administration?

Hey,

I’m sorry, but I honestly don’t know what kind of information or what kind of an answer you’re looking for. You should probably start by looking through the available documentation about the UCS@school system. If questions remain afterwards then by all means ask them here and we’ll try our best to answer them; but your first question is just way too broad and imprecise to answer.

Kind regards,
mosu

Thank you for being kind to reply. I just need to know about the feature of UCS which I have found within the website as “effective identity management”. And I would like to get more info on making use of this system for school administration. I don’t know whether you have got it or not what I mean.

Thanks again.

Hey,

I just noticed that the UCS@school documentation is only available in German. Too bad.

You should really take a look at the general UCS admin documentation, though, especially the sections about [url=http://docs.software-univention.de/manual-4.1.html#domaenenkonzept]»Domain Services/LDAP Management« and its sub-section about the »SAML identity provider«.

I don’t know which features Univention is thinking about exactly when they talk about identity management. Maybe after reading the aforementioned sections you could ask a couple of questions about the support status of various features or how certain things are done in a UCS setting. That would be easier to answer.

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon