Connect wifi adapter to internet

Hello,

im a it student and i have install ucs on a computer to try.
i have a problem with the wifi adapter.

i have a usb wifi adapter and i want connect the server to the wifi network.
i How can i do this. i dont know how i can do this and solved this.

greets jeffrey

Hello,

im a it student and i have install ucs on a computer to try.
i have a problem with the wifi adapter.

i have a usb wifi adapter and i want connect the server to the wifi network.
i How can i do this. i dont know how i can do this and solved this.

greets jeffrey

Just to make sure, that I understood right: You have hardware with an installed UCS and connected a Wifi USB adapter to the hardware. Now you want to connect to WLan via the USB Wlan stick as a networkcard.
I think you first would need to make sure, that the USB Stick is properly acknowledged and the acknowledged as a network adapter. So: is the WLan USB networkcard acknowledged in UCS (does UCS “know” it has a networkcard)? Second you need some way to use the WLan stick to discover WLans and connect to them - I do not know if UCS has that abilty out-of-the-box but there should be tools that let you do that.

Though, I would recommend to connect via networkcable.

You’ll find the wireless-tools and wpasupplicant packages in UCS. With those you should be able to connect to a wifi network. There is no graphical support for this, but there are a lot of how-tos on the internet. To check if your network card is supported, read the output of dmesg and run ifconfig -a. You may have to install a fireware-package. You’ll find the name of your network card using lspci.

Greetings
Daniel Tröder

Mastodon