Rfc2307 extensions in Samba (feature request?)

Hi,

I am attempting to migrate an OpenDirectory (OS X) to UCS. And one of the issues is that when binding the computer to the domain, the Unix ID of the user/groups get (randomly?) selected to something completely different.

I’ve been able to ‘fix’ it by importing the RFC2307 extensions schema (Unix Extensions for AD) in Samba as documented here: wiki.samba.org/index.php/Settin … 2307_in_AD

Then I just had to manually (script) a solution to sync the gidNumber and uidNumber from LDAP to Samba and give each account a posixAccount type. The only thing that doesn’t work (I think) would be to sync the gidNumber/uidNumber between LDAP and Samba, right now, I’m doing it manually.

It’s a fairly simple fix, which I think would be very helpful to be natively in UCS. It resolves issues with NFS mounts for home directory.

For these cases, I think it would be good to also send a mail at feedback@univention.de. We also have an issue open, that talks about the same things: https://forge.univention.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32268

Mastodon