Univention and Zimbra

Hello,

i have been trying to setup Zimbra Active directory authentication with my Univention domain controller but i keep getting this error: unable to ldap authenticate: Simple Bind Failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Zimbra requires a bind DN to authenticate against and AD DC and as suggested in several links i have found i am using “uid=Administator,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com” as bind DN and as password something like: MyPa55w0%rd/ (not the actual password but i use complex passwords just like this one). I have tried several combinations of LDAP syntax such as:
[ul]
[li]cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com[/li]
[li]uid=Administrator,cn=Domain Admins,dc=mydomain,dc=com[/li]
[li]administrator@mydomain.com[/li]
[li]several others and all of them with a different user as well[/li][/ul]
I always get the same error. would you kindly tell me what’s the correct syntax for the username? Because i seem to be unable to understand how this works. Every little bit of help is appreciated.

thanks in advance

I guess you stumbled upon this ressource as well? https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/LDAP_Authentication#LDAP_bind_DN
In Samba4 you would use cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com and Zimbra says administrator@mydomain.com should work too if the password and permissions are right.

Here is a case for a bind to “mediavault” that maybe helpful: [url]LDAP Connection Issue]

Mastodon