Password reset module

I’ve done the most recent updates, now the password reset module doesn’t work.
Password change is fine.

Here’s what i get once i enter the username and click next;
Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/protocol/modserver.py”, line 271, in handle self.__handler.init() File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/passwordreset/init.py”, line 190, in init self.db = TokenDB(MODULE) File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/passwordreset/tokendb.py”, line 53, in init self.conn = self.open_db() File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/passwordreset/tokendb.py”, line 120, in open_db db_name=DB_NAME, db_user=DB_USER, db_pw=password)) File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/init.py”, line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: database locale is incompatible with operating system DETAIL: The database was initialized with LC_COLLATE “en_US.UTF-8”, which is not recognized by setlocale(). HINT: Recreate the database with another locale or install the missing locale.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey,

sounds like your locale files aren’t up to date. Please run the following as root and paste its output here:

locale-gen

It should output several lines, among them »en_US.UTF-8… done«.

Afterwards you may have to restart several services – or just reboot the server once.

Kind regards,
mosu

Here’s the output

Generating locales (this might take a while)…
en_CA.UTF-8… done
fr_CA.UTF-8… done
Generation complete.

I can see that the password reset is looking for en_us and it’s not there, but it was working fine up untill i did the lates ucs updates.
How do i get it to either go back to en_CA or install the missing locale?

Thanks

Hey,

you have two options here: re-create the database with en_CA.UTF-8 as the locale or configuring the system to enable the en_US.UTF-8 locale.

The former is not a trivial task. It involves dumping all the databases in the current PostgreSQL cluster, saving the cluster configuration, dropping the cluster, re-creating the cluster with en_CA.UTF-8 as the locale, restoring the cluster settings and finally re-importiung the database dump. The advantage is that the cluster will then use the proper settings for collation, date formats, time formats etc. instead of en_US.UTF-8. This is be moot, of course, if en_US.UTF-8 and en_CA.UTF-8 are similar enough in these regards.

The latter is rather easy to achieve. Simply run »dpkg-reconfigure locales«, select all locales you want to have active and they’ll be built for you. Afterwards the aforementioned reboot may be necessary.

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon