Roaming profiles say invalid password

Hello all,
Something weird happened today that I can’t explain.
I was affected by the February 29 bug today so I had to quickly do an update. However, no users have been able to log into roaming profiles since.
I have restored snapshots from two different points in time and it has not helped. I found this strange error in my event viewer:

[code]The system failed to register host (A or AAAA) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
with settings:

Adapter Name : {FDFB7D66-1345-45E2-BCE4-F87041F5923B}
       Host Name : [b]my PC hostname[/b]
       Primary Domain Suffix : [b]my domain[/b]
       DNS server list :
         	[b]My DNS Server IP address[/b]
       Sent update to server : <?>
       IP Address(es) :
         [b]My PC IP address[/b]

The reason the system could not register these RRs was because of a security related problem. The cause of this could be (a) your computer does not have permissions to register and update the specific DNS domain name set for this adapter, or (b) there might have been a problem negotiating valid credentials with the DNS server during the processing of the update request.

You can manually retry DNS registration of the network adapter and its settings by typing ‘ipconfig /registerdns’ at the command prompt. If problems still persist, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator. See event details for specific error code information.[/code]

I have already followed the instructions on these pages but it has not helped:
sdb.univention.de/content/6/ … ogons.html

I have pinned it down to an issue with Samba however, since the shares on the UCS server will not accept my login either.

root@dc:~# samba-tool drs showrepl Failed to bind to uuid e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2 for ncacn_ip_tcp:172 .31.51.170[1024,seal,target_hostname=dc.ldap.bobcad.com,abstract_syntax=e3514235 -4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2/0x00000004,localaddress=172.31.51.170] NT_STATUS_UN SUCCESSFUL ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): DRS connection to dc.ldap.bobcad. com failed - drsException: DRS connection to dc.ldap.bobcad.com failed: (-107374 1823, 'Undetermined error') File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py", line 39, in drsua pi_connect (ctx.drsuapi, ctx.drsuapi_handle, ctx.bind_supported_extensions) = drs_utils .drsuapi_connect(ctx.server, ctx.lp, ctx.creds) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/drs_utils.py", line 54, in drsuap i_connect raise drsException("DRS connection to %s failed: %s" % (server, e))

Hey,

doesn’t sound too good. Can you please try the following commands:

[ol][li]»kinit administrator«, then enter the administrator’s password, and if that succeeds followed by the command »klist«. It should ouptut something about a »credentials cache« and one or more »principals«.[/li]
[li]»univention-s4search | head« – the output should start with »# record 1«[/li]
[li]»univention-s4connector-list-rejected« – ideally this command should not list any rejects under either the two headings »UCS rejected« and »S4 rejected«[/li][/ol]

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon