We are very happy to announce the availability of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.1. Considerable highlights are:
- The Univention App Center integrates the container technology Docker. With Docker, it is possible to run Apps separately and encapsulated from each other. This increases the security of the UCS domain and reduces the dependencies of the Apps on other software libraries. The integration of Docker is transparent to the users. The App Center will automatically perform the startup and configuration of the Docker containers.
- The Univention App Center's usability has been improved further. Apps are now displayed more clearly. The App detail pages have been cleaned up and supplemented by a rating in the categories Vendor Supported, Popularity's Award and Editor's Award. The classification is based on data such as the installation base of the Apps or the maintenance behaviour of the app providers. Thus, the transparency and comparability of Apps are increased.
- Single sign-on via SAML is a product component from UCS 4.1 and works out of the box with the UCS management system. Once logged in, you can switch between web applications without an additional login.
- Users can independently change their password or reset it in case of a forgotten password via the new Self Service. In this case, a token will be sent to an e-mail address or mobile phone number that has to be defined in advance by the users. The then received token can be used to set a new password.
- The Linux kernel has been updated to the latest stable version of the 4.1 longterm kernel. This includes several security updates as well as new and updated drivers for better hardware support.
- Samba has been updated to version 4.3.1. Besides many detail improvements, Samba 4.3 provides support for SMB 3.1.1, which was introduced by Microsoft with Windows 10 and provides security improvements and more features.
Notes about release, download and documentation can be found at the following ressources:
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS