We are pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.0-2 for download, the second point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.0. It includes all errata updates issued for UCS 4.0-1 and comprises the following highlights:
- The Free for personal Use licence was replaced by the UCS Core Edition license. This allows the usage of UCS in commercial settings without charge. The upgrade of the licence is described in SDB 1324. Further information on the UCS Core Edition is provided on https://www.univention.com/products/prices/.
- The container virtualization Docker was added to UCS. This allows to run Docker containers on UCS systems. First Docker images of UCS itself are also available. Further information is provided on http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Docker.
- For creating Apps a separate tutorial is now available.
- An App installed on a remote system is now automatically configured by running its join scripts.
- Several enhancements and bugfixes in design and usability of the Univention Management Console were done.
- A mode to install UCS systems unattended over the network was added.
- The compatibility to Active Directory has been improved. This allows Windows 2008 R2 Foundation Servers to join the domain as a member server. In addition to that a problem regarding the resolution of SIDs with NetApp Storage Systems has been fixed.
- The web server Apache and mail server Postfix now support several additional settings related to encryption and other security related options. In addition to that several old cryptographic algorithms have been disabled by default.
A detailed list about the changes can be found in the changelog in the Release Notes
. Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS