The following components of the planned feature set of UCS@school 3.0 are already available in the milestone:
- The packages of UCS@school 3.0 have been updated to the basis of UCS 3.0.
- The data import of user account information has been updated and improved. The implementation for the renaming of classes at the end of the school year is included.
- The authentication process for the web proxy has been revised fundamentally to improve the support of Samba 3 and Samba 4 and to accomplish a more optimal performance.
- The forwarding of the proxy authentication for the Internet access to other proxy servers is already available. Final tests, e.g. with TIME for kids, are to be awaited.
- The UMC modules for UCS@school 3.0 are included in an intermediate state.
- The Samba 4 packages are included. The Samba 4 integration in UCS@school 3.0 is not yet completed. A part of the selective replication of directory service data of local school servers is finished. The implementation of replication conflict recognition and handling is not yet completed.
- Radius is integrated in UCS@school 3.0 and can already be configured. It allows the connection of mobile devices. The implementation of the configuration through the UCS management system is not yet completed.
- The packages of iTALC 2 are already available. The update of the integration in the UMC modules is not yet finished. iTALC2 provides a broader support for Microsoft Windows, especially Windows 7.